
US Reporting Mechanism for Episcopal Abuse Cases Could Go Live by February
General counsel for the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops told bishops Nov. 13 that a contract had been finalized.
General counsel for the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops told bishops Nov. 13 that a contract had been finalized.
While USCCB president Cardinal Daniel DiNardo noted the new measures are ‘a work in progress,’ they represent a major step forward in addressing the fallout from the McCarrick and Bransfield scandals.
NEWS ANALYSIS ahead of the fall bishops’ meeting
The resignations of Archbishop John Nienstedt and Auxiliary Bishop Lee Piche reflect the Vatican’s tougher standards regarding the mishandling of clergy sexual abuse.
The Holy Father accepted a proposal discussed by the council of cardinals to create a new judicial entity to deal specifically with the hot-button issue.
Three years after being convicted criminally for not reporting abusive conduct by a diocesan priest, the bishop of Kansas City-St. Joseph resigned April 21.
Subscriber Service CenterAlready a subscriber? Renew or manage your subscription here.
Subscribe for just $49.95 $32.50!Start your Register subscription today.
Give a Gift SubscriptionBless friends, family or clergy with a gift of the Register.
Order NowOrder Bulk SubscriptionsGet a discount on 6 or more copies sent to your parish, organization or school.
Order NowSign-up for E-NewsletterGet Register Updates sent daily or weeklyto your inbox.
Sign Up